Thursday, December 1, 2011

The cutest ballet slippers Sewing Project



TUTORIAL

Here you go! The instructions to make your very own collection of custom ballet flats. Any problems with the instructions or pattern send me a message. I'll try and fix it!



1. Cut out two soles out of a medium weight leather (or pleather, which ever you choose) And two tops of the shoes out of a heavy cotton canvas (CUT ON THE FOLD), or whatever you want (If it's too lightweight, put some heavy interfacing on it. Any way you look at it, make sure it's sturdy.) **You may need to adjust the pattern for your feet. I'm about a 7, but one foots bigger then the other, so I had to figure that out. Just play around with scraps for the first pair, then make the real shoes once you’ve figured out the right size, and shape for your foot.**
2. Match up, right sides together (meaning, which ever side of the leather is going to have contact with the floor, and which ever side of the fabric you want on the outside, match those together) And pin in the direct middle of the toes.
3. Sew down one side of the shoe, making sure to curve in the heel of the fabric slightly. Then flip over and repeat on the other side. At this point, your shoe should be inside out, with the back heal open. Sew up the fabric at the heel, so you have an inside out shoe. Flip right side out.
4. Repeat with other shoe.
5. Finish off raw edge (on the top/inside of shoe) with binding or piping, or anything you want (piping is the easiest, I believe) The inside seems of the shoe don’t necessarily have to be finished, but if you want to, go ahead!
6. Any questions, send me a message, I’ll try and help as much as I can.
7. If the instructions aren’t clear I’ll post them again with pics. Just let me know!
<33 Hope it all makes sense!

Heres the pattern:
I had to make it realllyyy small, so before you print it out, put it in your Paint Shop Pro, or what not and resize it to 8 1/2 by 11" And then print it. (If its still too small, work off of the pattern i gave you and make a bigger one for your feet.) And sorry about how sloppy it is. hehe, im not too good with the scanner

No comments:

Post a Comment