Sunday, August 4, 2013

Linus Project - August contribution

August's contribution is a completely one-of-a-kind quilt that I started working on during Christmas 2012.  I had seen this calendar at Hobby Lobby on clearance for 2013 with different cupcakes.  Whitney stole my calendar, but the idea for a cupcake applique remained with me.  It took me several attempts to get my two contrasting pieces of the cupcake shape to fit together into a nice shape.  I made a dozen different appliques, and then decided to use most of them into a quilt.

The material for the quilt top is completely repurposed from other projects.  I purchased the blue floral contrast for the front piece and the Flower Power print for the back piece to tie this together.






Total Cost:  $8
Total Hours:  16

No comments:

Post a Comment