Sunday, August 4, 2013

Linus Project - April, May and June contributions

I can scarce believe I have let months go by without blogging about my Linus Project contributions.  Lots of personal issues have kept me fairly busy, but I have managed to keep up with completing each month's blanket on time....just not the blogging portion.

So, here are April, May and June's contributions.

April's is completely recycled.  The fabric is left-over from other projects.  The top is a lime green floral pattern with large flowers and squiggly vines in pink, orange and yellow.  The back is a soft yellow thin fleece.


Total Cost:  $0
Total Hours:  3

May's contribution is another completely recycled blanket.  the top piece is a thin plaid fleece that I salvaged from being thrown out..  I cut off the frayed and dirty edges and was able to save a piece large enough for a kid sized blanket.  The back piece is a black cotton left over from another project.



Total Cost:  $0
Total Hours:  3

June's contribution took a while to complete.  My mom is always on the lookout for crafting materials for me, and somewhere, she had found a small collection of blues / greys / greens that I have had for a while and not sure what to do with them.  The other colors were left-overs from a Shabby Chic project a couple years ago.  I started making granny squares that eventually morphed into June's crocheted contribution.  The only thing I had to purchase were two skeins of black yarn to tie this blanket together.  This ended up being the largest blanket in my donations because I just kept adding squares.  My daughters keep trying to steal it.  At Whitney's insistence, I kept the decorative yellow
lacey edging.


Total Cost:  $6
Total Hours:  30

No comments:

Post a Comment