Saturday, November 26, 2011

Christmas Noise pillow case


These are just 2 of my Christmas pillow cases I created. I found white and off white pillow cases at Goodwill or Salvation Army, cleaned and repaired if needed and then set out to create a festive Christmas scene using bits and pieces of fabric. The triangle trees are made out of different red swatches from projects. I used wonder-under to adhere and then did a different decorative embroidery stitch around each one. This was the first case I completed.

The Deck the Halls case has balls. Each one is a swatch of fabric matted onto a coordinating fabric. The hangers are embroidered on, and I used a decorative font to create the title. I embellished the edge of the case with a green and white polka-dot ribbon and a thin red lace edging.

These are fun and very easy to make. I think the starbursts add a bit more pizzaz and help accent the festivity of the season. Each case I completed has some portion of one of my favorite holiday songs:

Merry Christmas (case 1) - We Wish you a Merry Christmas
Deck the Halls (case 2) - Deck the Halls
Comfort / Joy (not shown) - Tiding of comfort and Joy
With 2 eyes made out of coal (not shown) - Frosty the Snowman

I have a few more layouts sketched into my idea journal for other songs I like, including Santa Baby. Maybe I'll get around to getting these done.

No comments:

Post a Comment