Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Vintage Fashion - My size
I completely adore vintage clothing, retro fashions and antique accessories. For a number of reasons, I have arrived back at this amazing part of my life where I feel empowered to create a life of my own making, unlimited by preconceived ideas. When I moved to Austin in 2007, I was well on my way to this point, but then taking a job where I wear a uniform daily dampened my enthusiasm. I am ready to move forward, away from a uniformed job and back into a world of my own creating.
Many boutiques in Austin offer vintage fashions - some are actually even reasonable. Many thrift stores and Goodwills in the area also offer some great finds. My biggest obstacle is the clothing size. I am not a small girl, so I am always hunting for things that fit. Luckily, I know how to sew and alter. I found a website with retro patterns. When I am out shopping, I find clothing items that have the look I want and then begin the process of re-fashioning in my size. It is not that hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment