Wednesday, December 15, 2010

TCM Remembers 2010

TCM Remembered 2010

As a longtime movie fan, I am usually watching Turner Classic Movies. Melanie even says to me to have a good day off by stating, "grab some coffee and watch TCM". Today was the first time I had seen the 2010 Remembered and I thought I would truly cry. So many strong individuals passed in 2010, some I had not even known about such as Tony Curtis.

Sadly, as I watched, all I could think about was the fact that nothing recently even competes with the classic stuff. I truly wonder what will happen with motion pictures when all the original powerhouses - from technical to directorial, actors to editors - are gone?? Some of those who passed in 2010 were big names and worked on some the most well known movies in motion picture history.

A tribute to Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment